Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ramblings from the Imperfect Quilter

Good morning to all of you....
Just thought I would take a moment and share a couple of my favorite books and tell you why I use these so much. You might want to look for them on Amazon...used books....or check out "quilter's dump" sales....ever been to one? These are fun and perhaps we should have a true "dump" sale where we bring in fabric, books, extra notions that we want to shed. Any takers on helping set this up? This would be different from the auction where anything is game...this would be only for quilting stuff. Let me know if you would like to do a DUMP SALE.
Ah......but, I digress. Here are two of my very favorite books:
1. Measure the Possibilities with Omnigrid, by Nancy Johnson-Srebro - great reference book for using your rotary cutter. Learn to cut almost any shape with this book.
2. Quilter's Complete Guide, by Fons and Porter. This is truly a quilting "bible". While we have advanced in some things...this book is a solid, tried and true reference book.
3. 40 Faboulous Quick-Cut Quilts, by Evelyn Sloppy (what a name, huh?), but another great book with good quilts and excellent instructions.
Please share with me.....some of your favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment